Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Healthy Skin!

I have always had a bit of an issue with my skin. My skin can go from being as dry as a desert to oily and covered in acne in the blink of an eye. After trying multiple products and not finding anything that really helped, I gave up but I decided that nothing would happen if I gave up so I have made a "skin routine" if I can call it that and I have a few products that are making a huge difference.
The Body Shop- Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

First off, I wandered into the Body Shop because I was looking for one of my favorite lip balms, (I can talk about that in another post) when a woman came up to me asking if I had tried one of their face masks. Since I was in a hurry, I kindly accepted (although it wasn't the cheapest face mask...) and went on my way. I actually LOVE this facemask.

First you apply their Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator to open up your pores and then you apply a thin layer of the mask all over your face for about 10 minutes. I love it because you can see your pores open through the mask (it makes me feel like its actually working if that makes sense?). After I take it off it takes away so many blackheads and leaves my skin super soft.

I do this about 2 times a week, usually Tuesdays and Saturdays. 


Costco- Borghese Nourishing Protective Moisturizer
Next is a cream that I had been using for a while and then stopped and now I have started again. I used to use a cream called La Mer which is amazing but it is ridiculously expensive so I needed to find an alternative. 

They sell this at Costco at a low price and it keeps my skin from getting dry, especially now that swim season is about to begin and the chlorine absolutely kills my skin. I don't think it does much for my acne, but that is ok because of the next product. 

I use this every day in the morning and sometimes at night depending on how my skin is.

Macy's- Clarisonic Mia

Last but definitely not least, this product is the most important of all. It is not the cheapest, but they had a special offer at Macy's and it is worth every cent!

I use this every morning and night and it is has worked wonders. It leaves your face very soft and feeling fresh and I saw results only a few days after using it. I use this with their Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser (bottom left) OR the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash- Pink Grapefruit (bottom right). 


All of these products used together have made me feel a lot more comfortable and fresh, I haven't used any makeup-related skin products on my face for about a week! 
As annoying as it may sound, drinking lots of water also helps your skin!


No comments:

Post a Comment