Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

New York City: Day 1

Recently, I went on vacation to New York City with my family. I have been to the concrete jungle many times, and I can honestly say that it is one of my favorite cities. It has something for everyone, from its wide range of museums, its vast variety of cultures, all of the architecture, and once more. Sure some people may not be in such a good mood but neither would I if I constantly had tourists asking me for directions (this was me when my parents let me run loose for an afternoon) 

This was my day one... 

First came my short 3 hour flight. These pictures aren't really relevant but I always feel so artistic when I take pictures on the plane 


We arrived in New York at around 2 and wasted no time by hopping into a taxi and going to the Frick collection- a small museum inside of a beautiful mansion that holds New York's prettiest indoor garden and some very famous art pieces.


Then it was time to eat. New York has every type of food you can imagine from high quality restaurants to quick and easy street food. One of most famous street foods is Halal Guys, which can be located at almost any corner and the lines get super long! 


After walking around for a while, it began to get dark (and cold) and New York traded the sun for its bright city lights. 


We then went all the way to Brooklyn to get the best pizza and cannoli you can get in New York. We went to Grimaldi's, and Italian Pizzeria that has been open for a very long time. 


To end the night, we walked around in Brooklyn and took a few pictures of the bridge. 











No comments:

Post a Comment